Here at the Global Routes headquarters at Windsor Mountain International, we have enjoyed an action-packed ten days of orientation and training with our international program leaders. All in all, our leaders are feeling more ready than ever to run five programs in five countries around the world.
Some more highlights from orientation week:
- Sharing games: icebreakers, energizers, physical/mental warm-ups, name games, and other activities
- Workshops and scenarios for behavior management, group dynamics, homestays, reentry, and more
- Early morning hikes and a kayak to celebrate the summer solstice
- Readings and discussion, such as from John Heider’s The Tao of Leadership
- A local “magical mystery tour”, a practice in local cultural exploration and bringing service to our daily lives and neighborhoods.
- Lots of program time and opportunities for feedback to plan and prepare for programs…just a few days out!
Enjoying dinner on Blueberry Island.
Some quiet reflection time by the pond again on an early morning silent hike.
Dan spends some quality time with a goat in nearby Hancock on the Magical Mystery Tour.
Wading in local waters.
Tanzania leader David spends a contemplative moment one late afternoon.
Local Annabelle’s ice cream – yum!
Nepal co-leaders Brooke and Dan pose for a photo.
Ten amazing leaders + admin team!
In other news, we are thrilled to report that all set-up leaders have made it safely to their respective countries to begin preparations for group arrivals. The remaining leaders will be waiting for you all at the airport, ready to escort the group on departure day.